We have arrived in Pittsburgh! The flight from Honolulu was good and Rory travelled like a veteran. She slept through the entire trip, eating and changing diapers in a semi-conscious state. I don't think most of the passengers knew we even had an infant with us. We have since moved into our apartment and are trying to make it feel more like home. All of us are relieved to not be living out of a suitcase and in a hotel any longer. Our household goods haven't arrived yet, and we've had to go buy a few items to get by, but we do have an estimated delivery date and it isn't as long as we thought. Sean keeps saying he feels like a college student again and we are just a few steps up from eating ramen for dinner.
Rory has adjusted well and is doing all of the things a 3 1/2 week old should do (the picture doesn't accurately portray her true feelings). She does like to kick her legs out of her blanket at night, so I guess the colder weather isn't a big deal. She is getting stronger every day
and likes to toss her head around, even though it scares the crap out of us if we aren't ready for it. It does seem like she has been sleeping for longer stretches at night, so hopefully sleeping all night isn't far off? I probably just jinxed the whole thing... Otherwise we have been keeping busy getting settled. The weather hasn't been too terrible, no snow at least, and some early flowers are blooming and the grass is getting green. I guess spring is around the corner, it may be an adjustment to have seasons again! Aloha!
2 comments:
Glad to hear from you! I need a phone number, skype number and an address.... we need to get caught up! Happy you made it safe and sound.
love from az
I had to make my own brag book since your Dad seems to always "need" the one we started when Rory was born.
Sandy
Post a Comment