Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another first...


First it was 42 days and nights of rain, then an earthquake, next came the island wide black out, now another first for the island of Oahu since I've been living here - a tornado!  It may have been just a large dust devil, but they like to be dramatic out here so we'll stick with tornado.  I'm not sure what sort of cosmic disturbance I created by moving out here, but hopefully it will reverse once I leave.  

Less eventful has been my coming off orders, which means I am a stay-at-home wife, until baby arrives and then I get to be a stay-at-home mom.  I think I should be enjoying this relative freedom while I can!  So far it has been nice to sleep in, but a little boring since I haven't quite decided what to do with myself yet (laundry and cleaning will all be there tomorrow).  So far my intentions to get up and get some exercise haven't quite made it, however that may be due to the inability to get a pair of running shoes on and laced up over my puffer fish-like feet.  Pair that with this baby getting on my nerves, literally (he/she is sitting on my sciatic) and walking doesn't sound like such a great activity.  The bright side is that we only have about 5 weeks to go, which makes me nervous, excited and scared all at the same time.  

We'll keep everyone updated, take care.  Aloha! 

2 comments:

sara said...

I think it it so funny that we picked the same background! Love the picture of the tornado. I did hear about it on the news, but the picture says it all. This last few weeks will go by really fast.....are you nesting yet?? Tell Mr. L hello,

Anonymous said...

Well it won't be so bad being a stay at home mom when you are here, because atleast you will have us to visit!!! :-) Who wears shoes in Hawaii anyways?? No one said you have to go walking in sneakers. Hope all is well, Love you, Brandi