Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 Days Until Christmas!












The first Christmas after Sean & I were married we decided to bake all of the holiday goodies we remembered from growing up; it has now become our own tradition every Christmas and this was the weekend for baking.  We have scaled down the variety of what we bake and mostly bake and decorate sugar cookies (about 6 months ago I found some hidden in our freezer from last year - they were still good!).  The recipe we were using didn't say how many dozen it would make, but after we had made the dough and started baking it came out to just over 12 dozen.  Nobody panic or call the Department of Homeland Security if you receive a package containing crumbs, we're just trying to "spread the wealth".  I did try my hand at making real caramels, heavy cream and all, and must say they turned out fantastic!  Sorry, your crumbs won't be glued together.  

As for Bump Watch '08, we reached 27 weeks on Friday with no problems.  The day after Christmas we'll officially enter the 3rd trimester and from what I've been told, it's the one that seems to take the longest, has the most changes and becomes the most uncomfortable.  I'm interested to see how everything goes for us.  We still don't know what we are having and I'm not sure our doctor will be doing an ultrasound any time soon, but will keep you posted.  Baby did decide at 3:15 am the other morning that I had slept long enough and delivered a kick that any ultimate fighter or soccer player would envy; of course I woke Sean up so he didn't feel left out.  So far, it appears that Baby is a morning person, which he/she MUST get from Sean.  

We hope you all have a short and wonderful week.  We'll talk to you all soon!  Aloha!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Christmas Cookies. Sean looks entirely to happy. I could send you some crumbs, one of our batches of Butterscotch chip cookies did not have enough baking soda and/or salt. when you pick them up they fall to dust. Great time, Dad